Calling all gamers - the insanely popular zombie-survival video console hit, which recently tabbed its director (Zach Lipovsky), has just thrown the rabid fans a juicy femur in the main cast listing, and here they are:
- Jesse Metcalfe - (Desperate Housewives & John Tucker Must Die) - lead role
- Meghan Ory - (Once Upon A Time, Intelligence)
- Virginia Madsen - (Sideways, The Number 23, Candyman)
- Dennis Haysbert - (24, The Unit)
- Keagan Connor Tracy - (Bates Motel, Once Upon A Time, Battlestar Galactica)
Lipovsky, whose most recent release, "Leprechaun: Origins" hit the DVD market just a short time ago, is prepped to take on the tall task of converting a highly addictive game into something intently more visual, promising a hybrid blend of comedy and horror, without losing that hellacious undead-slaying format. The movie will boast a 90-minute runtime and take place in the storyline of the game between Dead Rising 2's Fortune City outbreak and Dead Rising 3's Los Perdidos outbreak.
Filming will begin in Vancouver on September 30th, and once all is said and done, the movie will air exclusively on Crackle in the U.S. markets, and afterwards it will run on VOD services, and have a DVD release. As always, keep it locked here at Zombies and Toys for any additional news, and hopefully a review of the finished product.